Both as a Gartner consultant for ten years and a CIO for four, Simon has helped several organizations build their IT services through the use of innovative tools and approaches. Simon has also applied these approaches himself, as the VP of IS for a manufacturer where he implemented an ERP and rebuilt the entire IT organization, which earned him the Octas of the ERP project of the year.
Simon now leads Green Elephant, a firm whose mission is to help internal service providers such as IT and HR become trusted partners to their organization.
Simon lives in Montreal, Canada.
Connect with Simon on linkedin: http://ca.linkedin.com/in/chapleau
- CAUBO 2011
- Gartner Symposium Orlando 2012
- Microsoft 2013
- Environment Canada 2014
- Quebec Government 2014
- SSQ (private event) 2015
- Cirque du Soleil (private event) 2015
- Uniprix (private event) 2015
- ISACA 2016 (upcoming)
- 2013 - Green Elephants: How internal service provides can deliver amazing value.
- 2015 - ALIGNED: The surprising factors driving the business value of IT
PRESIDENT GREEN ELEPHANT, 2012- Today
- Develop methodology to help IT departments improve user satisfaction.
- Help IT departments to improve their service orientation and manage user engagement.
VP IT AND BUSINESS PROCESSES (CIO) at Sanimax 2008-1012
- Lead information technology strategy and services
- Implemented company-wide ERP solution
- Definition of new products and services for the agri-food sector.
DIRECTOR, CONSULTING SERVICES at Gartner 2000-2008
- Built $2 million management consulting practice in Eastern Canada
- Lead IT management consulting projects and benchmarking projects.
- Doctorate, Marketing (in progress), EDINBURGH BUSINESS SCHOOL
- MSc., Marketing, EDINBURGH BUSINESS SCHOOL
- MBA, Strategic Planning, EDINBURGH BUSINESS SCHOOL
- Master certificate in Project Management, GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY
- BSc., Chemistry, MCGILL UNIVERSITY
Skills and certifications
- Fluent in French and English.
- Project management professional (PMP) certification
- Recipient of the Octas for ERP project of the year (2010)